The Catalan pharmaceutical strengthens its position in Latin America with the opening of subsidiaries in Peru and Colombia. The company, owned by the Puig group and Esteve laboratories, sets foot in the United States.
The laboratory Isdin closed 2014 with an increase in turnover of 10.4% to 148.9 million euros, and profit soared 68.3% to 10.1 million euros. The company, owned equally by Puig and Esteve, has left behind the years of recession and is beginning to reap the fruits of its commitment to innovation and internationalisation. The Catalan pharmaceutical strengthened its presence in Latin America, its largest foreign market, by opening subsidiaries in Peru and Colombia. The company also made a new commitment. It has opened business in the United States, where great success is expected as of 2016.
The laboratory is once again showing double digit growth, with a turnover of 148.9 million euros.
The firm overcame the recession by committing to innovation and internationalisation
Laboratorios Isdin has entered the United States and is growing in Latin America as profit grows 68%. The joint venture between Puig and Esteve is once again showing double digit growth after the crisis. It closed 2014 with sales of 148.9 million euros and a profit of 10.1 million.
Isdin Laboratories, the dermatology business of Puig group and Esteve laboratories, is going through a sweet stage. After leaving behind the years of recession, the business took off in 2014 with double digit growth and its profit soared 68.3% to 10.1 million euros. This boom, explained its CEO, Juan Naya, is due to two factors: investment in innovation and internationalisation.
Isdin closed 2014 with a turnover of 148.9 million euros, up 10.4%. This is a strong growth, especially when compared to the pharmaceutical sector. Naya recognises that the company has a better performance owing to the weight of medicalised cosmetics. “These represent 75%, while the other 25% are pharmaceuticals”, said the executive.
Source and photo: Expansion